Skip to main content

About beautiful people(part 3): Author Elisa Dane





       So guys today I'm posting something new for me and for you. It's still about beautiful people but isn't someone from Romania. It's about Elisa Dane, an author who writes contemporary YA romance and she finds her inspiration in her daughters(by the way, she was three amazing girls). I discoverd Elisa and her books recently but having the chance to speak with her changed a little bit my mind about authors. This women, besides talent, has an wonderful heart, talks with her readers a lor, respond every question and makes readers a part of his family by sharing different thing with them.
        Let me tell you a secret. Elisa is also Lisa Sanchez. :)) No, isn't creepy at all. Lisa is her real name and she is the author of the Hanaford Park series (NA paranormal romance-Eve Of Samhain, Pleasures Untold, and Faythe Reclaimed), Obsessed (erotic suspense) and a paranormal novella, Cursing Athena, but she also writes in submission under my pen name, Elisa Dane.
         I totally enjoyed her  series(mean, her first 2 books) and she is working on her third book and i'm serious when I say everyone should read it.
        You can find Elisa her on her 1. Youtube Channel (just click here)
                                                    2.  Blog (click here)
                                                    3. Facebook fan page (click here)
                                                   4. Facebook group (click here)
                                                   5. Instagram (click here)
                                 
         But let's back to our business. Elisa agreed to tell us more about her so here we are.




1. Can you tell us when did you decided to become an author?
 Oh, gosh! I've always enjoyed writing. When I was a kid, I used to write goofy short stories and read them out loud to my family. It wasn't until my own children started school full time that I was able to sit down and start writing again.
 
2.      Where do you get most of your ideas? 
Interestingly enough, most of my ideas come to me either when I'm in the shower, blow drying my hair, or driving. I think those activities which most consider mindless, are perfect breeding grounds for creativity.
 
3.      Do you write every day or only when you are inspired by someone/something? 
When I start a book, I write every day. Even if it's just a few words. I generally try to put out 1k a day, which is a nice, realistic goal that doesn't stress me out. 
 
4.      Do you need something or someone around you to write or you can write even if you are in a bus? 
I'm not one of those lucky authors who can write anywhere. I tend to do my best work when the kids are in school and the house is quiet. I usually don't write during the summer months because of this.
 
5.      You know what is going to happen in your books from the beginning or you figure it out in time? 
I have a general idea of what will happen in each story I write, but all the in between stuff is always a surprise to me!
 
6.      How do you choose your characters’ names? 
I scour online baby name websites!
 
7.      You are also a mom and you have to split your time in half and take care of your kids. 
Is it hard to do that? If they were younger and demanded more of my attention, I think it might be difficult. My girls are older and self-sufficient, so when I really need to get something done, they know to let mom get her work done. They're very supportive.
 
8.      What’s your favourite books/series? 
Just finished the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. LOVE that series. I also love anything by Colleen Hoover.
 
9.      If you had to choose between chocolate and coffee what would you choose?
 Chocolate!
 
10.  You have a vlog. How is this experience for you?
 Vlogging has been a wonderful experience. It's truly brought me out of my shell. I'm a shy person by nature, and putting myself out there on camera for the world to see has been very freeing.

11.  Give the new writes an advice that you are following! 
Stick with it. Don't give up. Perseverance is key :)
       



Comments

  1. Elisa seems a very nice person ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nu stiam de autoarea aceasta, dar pare draguta. La intrebarea 9, as fi ales tot ciocolata! :3 Nu prea sunt adepta cafelei.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment